Friday, July 2, 2010

Two Schools-One Week

Just graduated from College and already had two days in the classroom, Haha!

On Tuesday June 29, 2010 the Precious Treasures Primary school from Provo flew to Grand Turk for the day and their first stop was the Turks and Caicos National Museum. The students from Precious Treasures really enjoyed the tour provided by me and also asked a lot of questions about the tour.


On July 1, 2010, The Eliza Simons Primary School visited the Turks and Caicos National Museum. Four teachers came with their classes. When I lead tours I always asked the children questions to get them involved.

There was this one little boy who kept on answering questions about the Museum correctly. It was really funny because I never saw him in the Museum before and I asked him, "How often do you come to the Museum?" and his answer was "a lot." It surprises me how many children actually come and learn something at our museum. When I see the little faces coming to the Museum, I think are they really learning?

In fact, today showed me that they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment