Wednesday, June 9, 2010

British Library Grant Awarded

by Jessica Brody

These past months in the archives has been a real treat. I've gotten to discover the rich history of the Turks and Caicos through the records in our collections. As a visitor it's been fascinating to uncover what I think is a new fact only to encounter people at the museum seminars or around town who already know the story and tell me more about the story and how it relates to broader TCI history.

This is why I was excited when the Museum's application to the British Library's Endangered Archives Project was accepted. The project's focus will be to collect pre-1900 records from around the Islands. It's exciting to think that soon, not only new comers like me, but generations into the future will be able to re-create the stories of early Turks and Caicos Islanders.

No comments:

Post a Comment